August 6, 2008

Gillian goes to school



Gillian's first day of kindergarten went off without a hitch. As we were walking through the field to drop her off she said, "I am gonna miss you momma". I told her it was fine to miss me because I was going to miss her too, but when we got to her class I would give her a high five and leave her with the teacher. As I dropped her off she was excited because she already had a page to color.

The day came and went. Brenna and I headed up to the school early to be sure to get a parking spot. We stood outside and waited on the bell to ring for a good 15 minutes. As soon as her teacher released her, she was all grins. She couldn't stop telling me how much fun she had. Run on sentences non-stop about basketball, hula hoop, ring toss, and hop scotch among other things. She showed me the picnic tables they sat at and when I asked her if she ate lunch there she gave me a funny look and said, "No momma, we ate lunch in the cafeteria where there are chefs!" Well, pardon me! Ha ha.

She's so excited to go back on Friday, and I told her on Tuesday I was going to take in cookies for her birthday which she is super excited about. All in all her teacher is awesome and she thinks school rocks. What more can you ask for?





Good morning sleepy head!



Giving her sister a hug goodbye



Sitting at her desk waiting for school to start



Finally at home enjoying an after-school snack



I think someone else missed her too

3 comments:

  1. Oh Audrey! Both of the girls are gorgeous and Gillian's curls are to die for. It sounds like she had a great day. I'm going to link you to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you take such cute pics! :D I love the one with her sitting at her desk... especially the kid with a green mohawk in the background, lol. I'm surprised kids are allowed to wear their hair like that to school. I'll be stalking... :)

    ReplyDelete