August 24, 2011

I kicked the habit!

That is my horrible Starbucks habit. So much money wasted that should be going to pretty shoes. I had a coupon for the Starbucks Via ready brew. So yes, I kicked one 'Bux habit for another, but this one is cheaper and healthier! It's lightly sweetened instant ice coffee. Not sweet enough for me so I add a packet of Truvia in with it when I'm mixing. I pour half into my reusable 'Bux tumbler, add ice and then a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and viola! Better than the real thing on many accounts.

On another note, Richard and I have both been doing a lot of thinking about our futures in light of some recent events. He's got a strong idea about what path he's going down that we will benefit from military or civilian. But I'm at a stand still. I know I need to go back to school. Addison won't be home forever, and well I like having my own money to spend on needless crap. I like the idea of teaching so I can have my summers off with the kids, but do I really want to be a teacher? I like the idea of being a nurse, because one thing I've learned as my stint as a stay at home mom for the past 6 years is that I don't belong behind a desk, and it would be a good transferable career to follow Richard around the world. And then I also like the idea of getting a degree in nutrition since I've become mildly obsessed with food and fitness. BUT and it's a big but...how do I get this done as a stay at home mom with a husband that has a demanding irregular work schedule??? Online would be the best answer, but finding the perfect online school is like finding a needle in a haystack.

2 comments:

  1. I go to school online through Allied. I love them. They are SO helpful and great at giving extensions LOL The only issue I have is that I hate the course I chose and I dont do the work. Nothing bad on their part.

    I thought about being a teacher but I pretty much hate kids that arent mine or my friend's :P Then I thought about maybe like an elementary school art teacher. Not the same smelly kids all day...they rotate lol But eh...didnt happen. Now Im stuck in medical billing and I want to rip my eyes out BUT I can work from home from wherever we move. If I finish and then pass the certification tests.

    Bah. Maybe I'll go work in the gym playroom and have Timmy in there with me and maybe a free membership ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how my random ramblings turn into your random ramblings. Art teacher sounds amazing, but I worry that there isn't much turn over in that area???

    ReplyDelete