January 22, 2009

It happened...

No pictures today. Just had to share that Gillian's perfect streak on the green light is history. As soon as she walked out of her classroom she came clean that she had gotten in trouble and put on the yellow light. I asked her why she was on the yellow light and she couldn't give me a straight answer, but didn't seem too concerned about it. I finally proded out of her that she was actually trying to help a friend not get in trouble by telling her that she shouldn't be standing outside the classroom, but she got caught outside the classroom too in doing so. I'm not really sure. I want to believe her, but I want to ask her teacher too since no explination was sent home...just the little stop light circle filled in yellow.

This whole parenting thing is a rollercoaster of emotion and never knowing what to do or how to react. I want to be proud of her for trying to help one of her little friends do the right thing, but at the same time I want her to stay out of trouble. No ice cream tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. awww.......honestly sometimes when sean comes home and says he missed recess because he was talking kind of amuses me. The majority of the time he's so good but once in awhile I think most kindergarteners do something silly. I wouldn't stress over it too much.....sounds like she was doing something helpful, but probably just had to follow the rules the teacher set out.

    ReplyDelete