January 17, 2011

Quietwater beach and boardwalk

We had a friend in town this past weekend, so we decided to drive down the Pensacola Beach for a late lunch/early dinner and do a little walking.  It finally was above 50 degrees outside and figured it was warm enough to enjoy without coats.  It was still a little chilly, but overall we had a fun time.  Richard has now been to the Pensacola Beach Hooters at least three times that I know.  I can't complain.  I got snow crab legs and he took care of the baby so I could enjoy my food in peace; although I was a little disappointed that when I ordered crab legs that's all that I was served.  Not that I was expecting more for the price, but I think the waitress should have warned that I would need a side order of something like a salad for it to be a complete meal.  End rant!  After our meal, we took a walk on the boardwalk and visited one of the shops.  Most everything was closed being it was a Sunday afternoon in the middle of winter, but we made the most of it.


We took turns posing with the giant shell.  I'm guessing that when it's warmer and more of the tourist season they probably have a band play here.

P1160560

Then we took a gum break.

P1160569

This is the view going down the boardwalk into the bay.

pcola0111b

And out in the middle of the bay looking towards the strip of hotels and condos.

pcolabeach0111f


One big happy family.

P1160577

Walking back to the car.

P1160581

No comments:

Post a Comment