August 28, 2012

I'm only happy when it rains

It appears the outer bands of Isaac are finally hitting us...sort of. It's windy one minute, pouring one minute, and the next minute it's calm with sunshine. I'm not sure how bad things are going to get here, but at the moment I'm not even sure we are going to get rain that amounts to anything.

The girls and I drove around yesterday evening, and sixty six houses, just in our neighborhood, have either boarded up their windows or put their hurricane shutters out. Most everyone prepared for the worst all the way up to the end. Then there was another house that is redoing their roof that did not bother to move any of it. All of it still sitting on top of their house loosely.

The girls' school called and cancelled school for tomorrow, too. I need to start using my mommy imagination to keep them busy. I can't handle anymore Hannah Montana reruns on Netflix.

I guess I don't have much of an update. I just wanted to give one for those of you out of town worried about us. Richard is home from work, the kids are home from school, we still have power, and are bored to tears. A lot of businesses shut down today just in case. I did receive texts that all of Pensacola McDonald's are open and Hopjack's is open downtown if anyone wants to get out to eat or have a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment