August 6, 2013

Quit Washing Your Hair. Dry Shampoo.


How often do you wash your hair?  I know, I know, random question for Tuesday in the middle of the night.  I needed a shower.  And you see, this is the only time that I have to myself to shower most days.  It's the only time of day that the house remains quiet enough that the baby doesn't wake up from hearing a pin drop...or a three year old scream.  While in the shower my thoughts run from one meaningless topic to the next.  This also happens when the most mature conversation you hold in a day is with a 9 year old about what shenanigans Daily Grace is up to on her Youtube channel.  Speaking of Youtube, you can watch me using dry shampoo in the video below.  During editing I realized that I really didn't do that great of a job messifying my messy bun, but I had kids screaming at me from the other room.  Do whatcha gotta do.






I have to be honest.  I hate washing my hair.  I really do.  It's not that I particularly like it being dirty (although I really think it looks better when it's dirty), it's just that I have so.much.hair.  It takes forever to dry and then another eternity to style.  I've completely given up on blow drying.  My number one reasoning being the obvious noise that it creates with a sleeping baby in the house, but it takes freaking forever.  And then at the end of forever it's still too damp to put heat tools on.  Who knew that my torturous relationship with water and shampoo would actually start benefiting me in the hair styling process?!

As of recently, I wash my hair twice a week, or every four days on average.  And it's amazing.  I only wash it on the fourth day because my scalp gets a little itchy, not from oiliness.  Actually, I don't really have any greasy hair issues anymore at all.  I give all that credit to dry shampoo.  Dry shampoo is like super fine baby powder in an aerosol spray can that absorbs the oils in your hair.  It helps extend the length of time between washes, and also as a bonus I find it adds some texturizing to my hair also.  I even like to spray it on my just washed and freshly dried hair to help with root lift.

Dry shampoo is in my holy grail of beauty products that I can't live without in a civilized world.  (I say this because if the planet went to shit and zombies took over, I know I probably won't be caring too much about dry shampoo.  I also would like to point out that I'm a sarcastic ass 99% of the time.  So I do say with the biggest, most caring heart you may ever come across, I know there are many people who would love to have running water and dry shampoo is a major luxury.

Click to take you to Amazon for purchase

 Now after that majorly depressing PSA, back to the dry shampoo.  Have you guys tried it?  And if you are an avid user such as myself, what brand is your favorite?  I feel like I've tried every brand available to me drugstore and a few higher end brands.  My current favorite is Batiste for dark brown hair.  It is slightly difficult to find.  I know you can find it at Ulta, and recently I've been picking mine up at TJ Maxx.  Gotta love a discount on the products you buy constantly.  I love the way it smells!!!!  Batiste has several different scents or "flavors" I guess you could say, and they all smell differently and behave a little differently.  I like the medium to dark brown variation because it doesn't put a white cast on  your hair like many dry shampoos tend to do (remember I said microparticle baby powder?).  This "flavor" has a brown tint.  But be careful.  I don't know how many of you are Real Housewives of New Jersey fans.  The scene where Joe Gorga admits that the black stuff all over everyone's skin and clothes after the fight scene was from his hairspray...my brain automatically jumped to my dry shampoo ha ha.  I thought, oh crap, immabe rubbing black tar on people.  No, not really.  But that's what it made me think about.

Dry shampoo.  Try it.  Love it.  Quit washing your hair.  It'll be amazing.

8 comments:

  1. Your hair is so long! I need mine to grow a little more before I can pull this off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina Clark8/7/13, 4:37 AM

    I need to invest in some of this. With the water being so hard here...I am trying everything. Now what are the chances of me finding it over here in the Middle East...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Order it online! The little picture I provided links to Amazon. I know they ship over there, Richard has ordered a couple pairs of shoes off of Amazon while he's been gone!

      Delete
  3. I"m assuming they have it for red hair too? I can't usually go more than a day between washes or else I am mistake for the homeless lady pandering for change over by Wal-Mart. I'd love it if I could go 2 days between. Might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have many different variations! I think I've seen a red online, but not in store anywhere. I have a bottle of classic too, which is plain old white powdery stuff, I just like the dark brown one. There are other companies that sell dry shampoo like suave that I've heard good things about, this is just my favorite brand.

      Delete